Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Teaser Tuesday-March 17


Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading. TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!

My teaser is from The View from Mount Joy by Lorna Landvik

It wasn't as if I was in a slump, but I wasn't scoring like I had been in those first couple prove-myself games. To make matters worse, Blake was the sort of team captain who believed in positive reinforcement and never failed to mention the nice plays I'd made each game, to which I would think: If you only knew.

pg. 63

10 comments:

avisannschild said...

Interesting teaser! Makes me wonder what this book is about.

Kaye said...

hi Jo-Jo thanks for stopping by my teaser. I really like Lorna Landvik. Are you liking this one? It's not one I read. Angry Wives eating Bon Bons was about a book club and that was really good.

TexasRed said...

Hmm.... if only he knew about what? Fun!

gautami tripathy said...

Like the teaser!

Mine is up here!

jlshall said...

Blake sounds like an annoyingly nice guy! Very interesting teasers.

Anonymous said...

If only he knew what, I wonder! If only I knew too! Great teaser, Jo-Jo!

Alyce said...

That is a great teaser! I'm interested and I don't normally like books about sports.

Anonymous said...

Oh a sports read it seems or at least a chapter dedicated to playing sports. I'm curious as to what is going on and if they get out of that slump.

Laura's Reviews said...

Love the teaser. I can't wait for your review of this book. I loved Angry Housewives Eating Bon-Bons, but that is the only Landvik novel I've read.

Jo-Jo said...

Avis: This book has so many themes woven into the novel that it's hard to explain.

Kaye: I am liking this one a lot. I took a vacation day yesterday and spent most of my day reading and it actually made me cry a little! I'm such a big baby!

Texas & Betty: You would be shocked if you knew!

Guatami, Joy & Laura: Thanks for stopping by...I'm glad you liked it.

Alyce & Catherine: It isn't really about sports. The main character is a hockey player but that really isn't the basis of this novel.

I should be posting my review soon of this one.