Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wondrous Words Wednesday-June 16

Bermudaonion asks you to share new words that you have learned during your reading adventures in the last week. Feel free to join in the fun!

Here is a new word that I learned last week while I was reading The Life O'Reilly:

Recidivist: repeated or habitual relapse, as into crime.

Here is how recidivist was used on page 145:
"While moments earlier I shared your sentiments, with all due respect, I am gravely concerned about Mr. Nelson's recidivist behavior."

Please stop back tomorrow to read my review of this novel and there might even be an extra surprise!  So did you learn any new words in your reading travels last week?

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I looked this word up not too long ago, and had already forgotten it. Maybe I'll remember it now that I've seen it again. Thanks for participating!