Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchari BEA: A Few Things About Me!


I really wanted to head to the BEA in New York City this year, but with my son getting married at the end of June, I knew it would not be a possibility.  So it looks like this is as close as I will get!  That's ok, because now I can start planning for next year.


Design Credit: Emily
of Emily's Reading Room

Armchair BEA was created for us book lovers who are not able to actually attend the event, but still have a good time celebrating our love of books together.

So here are a few things about me:

1.  Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

A. Well, my name is actually Joanne and I live in Northern Wisconsin.   My four year blogiversary will be in October-Wow, time flies fast!  I basically started blogging as a creative outlet for me to share some of the books I read.  I also belong to a wonderful book club, but I wanted something beyond that.

2.  What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?

A.  My favorite book so far this year would have to be The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran.  My favorite audiobook so far is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  These books are obviously on opposite sides of the genre spectrum, but they are sure awesome!

3.  Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

A.  Did anyone say Doritos?  I have to admit that I have an unhealthy love for these cheesy tortilla chips!  If there is an open bag near me, it won't be there for long!

4.   Where do you see your blog in five years?

A.  My blog has already changed so much!  I went from posting every day to maybe posting as little as twice a week.  Since I've been trying to do some writing myself, I may try to implement some of my work into my blog.  We will just have to wait and see where it takes me!

5.  If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?

A. I would love to sit down for tea with Mma Ramotswe, the lead character from The Number One Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith!  She is depicted as such a loving and genuinely delightful woman that I would love the opportunity to share bits of her wisdom with me.

 Thanks for stopping by today to find out a little more about me!   Don't forget to stop over at some other blogs to see what they had to share!

17 comments:

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Seems like alot of us have some unheathly eating habits! My weakness is Robin Eggs (Whoppers Easter edition). I order them in bulk from Amazon.com. Yes, I have a problem. :)

Here's my Armchair BEA post for today!

Nise' said...

The Heretic Queen is the only book of Michelle's that I have not read, yet. I will eat a few Doritos when the bag is first opened.

Kristina said...

You and my son could have a Doritos party, he is the same way. I've read the first couple lady detective books and enjoyed them, need to read the rest.

BurtonReview said...

Great, now I really want Doritos.

I haven't read The Heretic Queen either, it's on the pile, of course!


My Intro post
.

The Housework Can Wait said...

I recently saw on a Taco Bell sign "A Doritos." I didn't know there wasn't a singular version of "Doritos!" Can't you have just one Dorito? (I mean, in life, NO, but hypothetically.)

Pleased to meet you! Here's my Armchair BEA Intro Post.

Unknown said...

I read The Hunger Games, but I want to take the time to listen to the audiobook at some point too. I always feel like I notice more details when I listen to a book:)

Nina
My introduction post

Liviania said...

I went from posting less to more. We're opposites!

Rhonda's Doings said...

Doritoes....well, you read so one vice should be okay, shouldn't it? lol

http://colormeactive.blogspot.com

Bookfool said...

My dearly-departed kitty, Miss Spooky, was a big fan of Nacho Cheese Doritos. I kid you not. Crazy cat. She just loved anything cheesy (like me).

I haven't read anything by Michelle Moran, yet, although I have one of her books on my stacks. I have a feeling Armchair BEA is going to end up adding loads of books to my wishlist.

Happy Armchair BEA! Love your home state, BTW. I visited the Dells as a young teenager and you could say the quantity of boat workers with the same name influenced the naming of my first child. There were three of tour guides and captains, all the same name and I thought, "Wow. I really, really like the name Dan." 10 years later, I named my firstborn Daniel. :)

Ti said...

I can't eat Doritos now because of gluten but I totally get your Dorito love.

Unknown said...

Hey Joanne! Good to meet you! Looking forward to reading you soon. And Doritos? I'm an Ariba chips girl, god they're good (and now I have a craving, thanks!) Have a good one. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... Doritos. I haven't had those in so long (now I'm going to have to get some when I go grocery shopping tomorrow).

DevouredShannon said...

Congratulations on almost 4 years, that is fabulous!

I haven't had a chance to listen to The Hunger Games on audio but I should check it out!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite books is The Heretic Queen-but its written by Brenda Rickman Vantrease!

Michelle said...

Mmm...Doritos. I swear they put something in that cheesy goodness to keep us coming back for more!

Where in Northern Wisconsin are you located? I just moved back to the state, working in Stoughton and living in Janesville. I would love to see Wisconsin and Northern Illinois get more active book bloggers a lot like Utah has.

stacybuckeye said...

Ah, Doritos. It's been way too long since I've had one (or a bag).

Chrystal said...

I've read one Michelle Moran book and loved it. It was Nefertiti - you should check it out if you haven't already. I'm off to add more of her books to my wishlist now. :)

Oh and I totally understand not being able to go to BEA due to weddings, I'm currently in planning mode and on a spending freeze as mine is quickly approaching. LOL September can't come soon enough. :)

Perhaps we will both be there next year. :)