Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Finds-May 22




Should Be Reading asks you to share what books you discovered this week that interest you!


I think I am finally giving in to all of the buzz that has been generated from YA fiction. This is one genre that I haven't really had much experience with, but I have been hearing such great things about it.

The book that caught my eye this week is Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler. I think that I was first intrigued by a teaser I read over at Write for a Reader and then I was roped in after reading a review over at A Novel Menagerie.



Here is a little summary of Twenty Boy Summer from Sarah Ockler's website:

For Anna Reiley and Frankie Perino, the ingredients for the Absolute Best Summer Ever are simple: Two girls. Two bikinis. And twenty days in Zanzibar Bay, California. The best part? According to Frankie, if they meet one boy every day, there’s a good chance Anna will find her first summer romance.

Anna lightheartedly agrees to the fun, but there’s something she hasn’t told Frankie… she’s already had her romance, and it was with Frankie’s older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death last year.

TWENTY BOY SUMMER explores what it truly means to love someone, what it means to grieve, and ultimately, how to make the most of every beautiful moment life has to offer.

So what caught your eye this week?

14 comments:

Jess said...

Twenty Boy Summer sounds great -- have a wonderful weekend.

Missy B. said...

I recently added this one to my wish list...it sounds good!

Have a good weekend!

Darlene said...

I really love the cover on this one! Have a great weekend.

Ti said...

This one sort of reminds me of that movie Little Darlings. I may be showing my age here. It had Kristy McNichol (sp?) and Matt Dillon and Tatum O'neill.

Michele said...

Ah Jo-Jo, give in to the genre, lol. You won't regret it. Like any other genre, there are some absolutely amazing example and some really crappy examples. So careful what you chose when starting out.

BurtonReview said...

Aww that Summer book sounds whimsical for me .. back in the days when all I cared about was which boys which would come and toss pebbles to my window... (then my father would scream..)

Nise' said...

Got this one on my TBR list.

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I've seen this book mentioned on several blogs now, I think I have to read it!

Have a nice weekend!

ANovelMenagerie said...

You may also want to check out the review on My Friend Amy!

Sheri

bermudaonion said...

I'm looking forward to this book too!

Jenny Girl said...

I just received this book to review. If you like, I can send it to you when I'm finished. About a month or so. Drop me a line.
You's be surprised at how many good YA book are out there. Enjoy your weekend :)

Wanda said...

You know what, I think I'm going to order this one for my teenage daughter (then borrow it back). The title hints at a sense of fun but I like that there is more to the story. :)

Toni said...

I think that book sounds very charming.
Ti is always bringing up blasts from the past. :) (Little Darlings.. )
Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see this book I am struck by the beautifil cover!