Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Teaser Tuesday-July 7


Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading. TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

My teaser is from Beach Trip by Cathy Holton:

She had come home expecting to do battle with the bully of her youth, and instead she found a doddering old man. Leland, the rogue tyrant, had disappeared and in his place was a thin, frail creature, a wispy little gnome of a man who looked like he might blow away in a heavy breeze.

pg 298

14 comments:

Harvee said...

Time will do that - change things. Great teaser.

Lisa said...

wooo

Margot said...

Wow, how long has she been gone? Sounds like a good one.

Anonymous said...

Makes me wonder how the conflict will change from that point. Good teaser.

Missy B. said...

That's funny - Great teaser!

Jenny Girl said...

Seriously, how old is she is? Returning to relive past memories/
Here's my teaser

Andrea said...

Good teaser, very interesting

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like that teaser. Makes you think.

gautami tripathy said...

Time does change most of us..

Tuesdays: Teaser/Whereabouts

Bonnie said...

That teaser makes you wonder about how people do change...I couldn't get into this book...hope that you enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Now that wasn't what I expected when I saw the title Beach Trip. Nice teaser!

Phyl said...

I like that teaser. It sounds like a reminder that justice eventually wins out.

Meanwhile, my own teaser is at Bookishgal.

Jess said...

I enjoyed this book -- hope you do too!

Staci said...

Great teaser!! I really enjoyed this book..hope you're liking it!