Thursday, January 6, 2011
Historical Fiction Challenge 2011
I usually find myself reading a few books throughout the year that would be considered Historical Fiction so I have decided to go ahead and sign up for this challenge for 2011. Historical Tapestry is hosting this challenge and you should head on over to check out the rules and guidelines if you think this might interest you.
Here are the levels of participation:
Severe Bookaholism: 20 books
Undoubtedly Obsessed: 15 books
Struggling the Addiction: 10 books
Daring & Curious: 5 books
Out of My Comfort Zone: 2 books
So I am going to sign up for the Daring and Curious level, which means I need to read 5 Historical Fiction Books between January 1 and December 31, 2011. I think I can do it!
I will update this post as I complete books for this challenge.
1. Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez--Completed 1/6/2011
2. Nefertiti by Michelle Moran--Completed 3/4/2011
3. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows--Completed 3/31/2011
4. Too Jewish by Patty Friedmann--Completed 6/27/11
5. Dreams of Joy by Lisa See--Completed 7/17/11
6. The Traitor's Wife by Kathleen Kent--Completed 8/19/11
7. The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy--Completed 9/10/11