Friday, September 4, 2009

2009 RYOB Challenge Completed!


Hooray! I've completed this challenge that was hosted by MizB here. It really does feel like quite an accomplishment to have another challenge under the belt. You should be able to click on the titles below if you are interested in reading any of my reviews from this challenge.




1. The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman-Completed 1/11/2009
2. Peony in Love by Lisa See-Completed 1/24/2009
3. The Triumph of Deborah by Eva Etzioni-Halevy-Completed 2/7/2009
4. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne-Completed 2/10/2009
5. This Side of Heaven by Karen Kingsbury-Completed 2/18/2009
6. Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas-Completed 2/28/2009
7. Bedlam South by Mark Grisham and David Donaldson-Completed 3/10/2009
8. The View from Mount Joy by Lorna Landvik-Completed 3/23/2009
9. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See-Completed 4/5/2009
10. Keeper of Light and Dust by Natasha Mostert-Completed 4/20/2009
11. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Housseini-Completed 4/30/2009
12. The Last Queen by C.W. Gortner-Completed 5/10/2009
13. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay-Completed 5/17/2009
14. Charms for the Easy Life by Kaye Gibbons-Completed 5/20/2009
15. Two Brothers-One North, One South by David H. Jones-Completed 6/16/2009
16. Cutting Loose by Nadine Dajani-Completed 6/25/2009
17. Beach Trip by Cathy Holton-Completed 7/10/2009
18. The Circle of Friends Book III:James by L. Diane Wolfe-Completed 8/2/2009
19. Blue Shoes and Happiness by Alexander McCall Smith-Completed 8/8/2009
20. Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas-Completed 8/15/2009

Although I really did enjoy all of these books, the titles that received my highest rating were:
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Shanghai Girls
A Thousand Splendid Suns
The Last Queen
Beach Trip

I seem to be making pretty good progress on my other challenges. I must admit that I am getting a little nervous about the Chunkster Challenge, since I've just started my first book for this challenge earlier this week. But I guess it isn't the end of the world if I don't complete that challenge!

Have a relaxing Labor Day Weekend everyone!

9 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Congrats on finishing :D
I have entered some this year but one is sure not going well. Haven't even started

bermudaonion said...

Way to go! I'm always impressed when someone finishes a challenge, since I haven't managed to do it yet.

Kaye said...

20 books! Wow, good for you, Jo-Jo. Must feel great. Don't worry about the chunkster. You'll do it.

Luanne said...

Kudos to you Jo-Jo!! I feel guilty when I think how many I own that I haven't read....

Lezlie said...

Well done!! I signed up to read 50 of my own for this and I think I've currently read less than 20. I'd better get a move on!! :-)

Lezlie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am 3 away from my goal of 50 forthis challenge.

Alyce said...

Congratulations on finishing this challenge! This is one of the challenges I am having the hardest time completing. It is so easy to get caught up with review copies and books from the library that I've fallen behind on reading my own books.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Hey Jo-Jo! You've an award waiting at my blog!

L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com

Jenny Girl said...

Congrats on completing, says the slacker in all her challenges Jenny.
I know how hard it can be to finish these things. Great job chick!