Friday, September 24, 2010

Java With Jo


Wow, has it been a busy week!  BBAW was a lot of fun last week and I'm still getting caught up on all of the wonderful posts that are out there.  And sticking with my goal of Java With Jo, I'm posting this today.  I am pleased to announce that I have finally finished reading The Passage!  I did enjoy this book, but probably won't be posting my review for a couple of weeks.  I'm just trying to figure out why in the world I didn't join the Chunkster Challenge this year when this is probably the 2nd or 3rd big book that I have read this year.

This has been a crazy week and next week doesn't look to be any easier.  Not only has my personal life been busy, but now our entire office is moving to another building.  This is already a busy time of year for me with my job, but now it will be a bit more stressful.

To add to my frazzled attitude FALL is here!  I know many of you love fall...the beautiful colors and fresh crisp air...but I don't!  It just makes me long for the warm summer nights and dread the cold winter that lies ahead.  Many of my friends have tried to convert me into a fall loving person, but were unsuccessful.   I couldn't help but laugh when I read a post over at Book Journey (who I'm thinking also does not love Fall like many others) indicating that Fall is the 'F' word.   Just so you don't think I'm totally crazy I decided to focus on a couple of things that I do appreciate that come with the fall season:

Reading on a chilly Saturday afternoon
The smell and taste of fresh apple crisp
Laying down in flannel sheets on a cold evening
My book club convenes after a summer break

The colors may be pretty, but I have to confess the place where I think the colors are most beautiful to me is somewhere I pass every day...the cemetary!  Now how morbid is that?  But it is true, as I look across the tombstones as I'm driving by I can not help but notice how well kept it is with the colors just adding the perfect touch. 

So there are a few things I appreciate about the season but I still do not enjoy it or look forward to it.  I am looking forward to the weekend of October 15th, as Book Journey (yes, she is a busy lady) is planning a Minnesota/Wisconsin Blogger Get-Together in the Twin Cities!  I am just so excited for this weekend because I have just been chomping at the bit to meet some of these great people, and now I will finally get to!  If you think this sounds like fun and you might be in the area please check out her original post here.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Since I have finished reading The Passage I've decided to start reading our next book club selection, Things I've Been Silent About by Azar Nafisi.  I might also start reading The Violin of Auschwitz over the weekend.   Do you have any big plans over the weekend to enjoy the *beautiful* Fall weather?  lol

7 comments:

TexasRed said...

My husband doesn't like the end of summer, either. He gets a little house-bound during the winter and just wants to be out working in the yard again.

I love fall, though. I always loved the start of a new school year and getting new supplies.

At least we agree about Halloween. We're already planning decorations and the food we'll have for friends coming over.

This weekend I'm traveling while he paints the nursery. Pretty good deal!

DCMetroreader said...

You should come to the DC area where we're stilling enjoying summer (no matter what the calendar says). I'm looking forward to Fall -- soon (fingers crossed).

Jenny Girl said...

I don't think you're crazy at all sweetpea. Excellent that you finished the Passage and I look forward to your review. I would like to read this but am afraid it will stink for me.
Good luck on the move. Now is the time to get rid of stuff you no longer need.
No big weekend plans here. just laying low. enjoy your weekend :)

Marce said...

You finished The Passage, well done. I just don't do chunksters.

The change of season is here, I like it how it is now, not steamy hot but not cold yet either.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I will miss summer. Its my favorite time of year and so far Fall has been well.... damp.

I am looking forward to your review of The Passage. I was impressed with that monster of a book.

Have an awesome start to your weekend :)

Unknown said...

You posted some great things to do in the Fall so you are doing a great job of making it work for you! Summer isn't my favorite month but there are several things I like about it. It sounds like Florida or some parts of CA would work well for you!

I hope you enjoyed the Passage. I haven't read it yet but hope to soon as I have it here!

The Minnesota/Wisconsin Blogger meet will be a lot of fun I'm sure! Great event to look forward to!

Enjoy Things I've Been Silent About by Azar Nafisi, it looks very good!

~ Amy

Veens said...

I seriously have never thought about liking a particular season. For me, when I am a bit tired of a particular season, I m already for the next! That's all it is to me! :)

But i think spring is nice for travelling :)