Thursday, December 16, 2010

What's in a Name 4 Challenge!

I was very excited to see that Beth Fish Reads has decided to host this challenge for 2011.  I've had a lot of fun participating in this challenge for the last couple of years, although I'm still not quite done with the 2010 challenge.  I know I'm cutting it close but I think I will be able to do it!

Here is what is lined up for the challenge for 2011 as indicated on the sign-up page:

Between January 1 and December 31, 2011, read one book in each of the following categories:

1. A book with a number in the title: First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why
One Summer by David Baldacci--Completed 11/12/11

2. A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls--Completed 10/31/11

3. A book with a size in the title: Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee

4. A book with travel or movement in the title: Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler's Wife
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein--Completed 5/31/11

5. A book with evil in the title: Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely
The Traitor's Wife by Kathleen Kent--Completed 8/19/11

6. A book with a life stage in the title: No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child
The Girl in the Garden by Kamala Nair--Completed 4/24/11

I really appreciate that this is a pretty flexible challenge in that you do not need to make a list ahead of time and you can use various modes of reading, such as e-books, audiobooks, or even the real thing!  I will update this post as I read books for this challenge.  So what are you waiting for?  Head on over and sign up now here to join us for 2011.

2 comments:

N. R. Williams said...

That sounds like an interesting challenge. Have fun.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

bermudaonion said...

This challenge is so much fun! Good luck!