Thursday, August 19, 2010

Java With Jo

Even though summer may be winding down, I am not going to write it off just yet.  Summer is my favorite season as it's a time to just kick back and enjoy quality time with friends and family.  Yes, there are still obligations that need to be dealt with, but I try to keep things at a relaxed pace. 

Although I cut back on my review obligations this summer, I've noticed that I still have a pile of books that I have hardly made a dent in!  I'm still plugging along reading The Passage by Justin Cronin, which I am really enjoying, and I've also started The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.  Did you know that Trish from Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'? is leading a readalong for this novel that begins on August 23rd?  I'm finding it interesting and there are really some strong similarities between The Passage and The Handmaid's Tale.  My book club meets on September 1st so I will also have to get started reading Home in Carolina by Sherryl Woods.  My goodness...I will be reading 3 books at a time!  I've never done that before so we will see how that goes! 

Before you know it I will be bringing my daughter back to college in St. Paul and my home will be quiet once again.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

I've got to get caught up with The Hanmaid's Tale this weekend although I've read it before so I should be able to keep up. It's still a good enough book that I wouldn't mind a reread.

I'm with you on enjoying what's left of summer and not thinking about what's coming.

Veens said...

I have NOT read any Atwood book. I wish I had The Handmaid's Tale, so I would have joined in :)

I have never read 3 books either :) I hope you enjoy all your reads/

Jenny Girl said...

I wasn't sure about the Passage but I have read a few good reviews so I'll give it a try. Similiar huh??
Enjoy these last few eeks and hope your daughter has a great year in school as well.
btw, my post-apolyptic bunker will be in Hawaii. At least it will be pretty.

Sa