Friday, January 30, 2009

Bookworm Meme and Award!

I've been tagged by the Bookworm Meme from Lezlie at Books 'n Borders Collies and TexasRed Books.

Here are the rules: Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or something you have to go searching for but whatever's closest to you right now, and go to page 56. Starting with the fifth sentence on the page, transcribe three to six lines directly from the text. Once you've typed those lines, tag five more bloggers to do the same on their blogs.

The book closest to me right now is on my desk at work--a co-worker brought it to me and I have yet to bring it home since I have so much to read! So this excerpt is from Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult:


From her vantage point by the swinging doors, Addie watched Jack begin to clean up the food. He angrily wiped mayonnaise from the plastic seat and stacked the pieces of the ruined sandwich back on the plate. When he turned around, he found Addie standing beside the table. "I can take that for you," she said.

But Jack shook his head tightly. "Sorry I lost you a customer."


To pass on this fun meme here is who I am going to tag:
52 Books and 52 Weeks
Carmen Alexis' Book Talk
A Novel Menagerie
Peeking Between the Pages
Friday Friends Book Blog

I also realized that I did not acknowledge the Premio Dardos Award that was given to me by TexasRed Books a couple of weeks ago. How rude of me! Thank you so much for considering me for this award...I hope I still deserve it even though I am posting a little late!



This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day.

6 comments:

Lezlie said...

I've never read Jodi Picoult. I keep thinking I need to do that someday.

Lezlie

ANovelMenagerie said...

I am so upset that photobucket is down that I'm not in the mood for blogging. My site looks like a desert wasteland. But, when my mood lifts, I'll totally write about your MEME chica!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag! =)

Jo-Jo said...

LOL...I haven't decided if I want to read this one yet. When I turned to page 56 there were some bad words in the fifth sentence so my excerpt is from a couple sentences later in the page.

Sheri, Carmen, and Texas: Thanks for stopping by again!

Jo-Jo said...

Lezlie: I've heard mixed reviews on a few of her books, but I can honestly say that I thought My Sisters Keeper and Nineteen Minutes were great. I have no problem suggesting these to read!

Lezlie said...

Jo-Jo ~ My father-in-law gave me Nineteen Minutes a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I'll make room for that one this year. :-)

Lezlie