Monday, January 12, 2009

Teaser Tuesday-Jan. 13



Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading. TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!


This week my teaser is from Peony in Love by Lisa See:

I didn't know why Mama was upset.

"My daughter isn't feeling well," Mama confided to the mothers around her, "and I'm afraid she's forgotten what's proper."

pg 50

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So hard for a child when they are trying to comprehend why an adult is upset.

Karen Harrington said...

Good teaser!

And thanks for stopping by today. I have not read Anna Karenina and reading this modern treatment makes me want, too. The author is a Russian woman who immigrated to New York as a young girl and the book is saturated with all kinds of family tradition and history.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

That is a great teaser! I LOVED Snowflower and the Secret Fan so I will definitely be reading this one!

S. Krishna said...

I loved this book!

Beth F said...

I loved Peony in Love! Hope you are enjoying it. And Snowflower and Secret Fan was just as good.

TexasRed said...

Ohh.... sounds interesting. I'm curious about the "not proper" reference. This may be a good way for me to ease into the Anna Karenina story.

Toni said...

Hi there. nice teaser... I got my bookshelf meme up today. :)

Darlene said...

Good teaser Jo-Jo. This book is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read one day.

Anonymous said...

Good choice...I loved that book!

Alyce said...

This sounds like a good one!

Wendi said...

Wonderful teaser that brings quite an interesting picture to my mind!

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

TexasRed said...

So excited to read your blog. I just nominated you for an award over on my page.