Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Teaser Tuesday-Jan. 20






Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading. TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!

My teaser is from Peony in Love by Lisa See because I am still reading it this week:

Below us, New Year's Day arrived. In our ancestral hall, my parents laid out trays of meats, fruits, and vegetables, and I watched as my grandmother's flesh began to fill out.

pg 130

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh. How are you liking PiL? I've heard great things!

I have Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See in my to be read pile and I'm very excited about it.

Also, thanks for checking out my blog! :o)

Darlene said...

Good teaser Jo-Jo. I have this book on my shelf. I've been wanting to read it for a long time. I can't wait to see your review.

Anonymous said...

New Year's as in the 1st January, or New Year's as in Chinese New Year?

If it's CNY, what a great timing to be reading this book! CNY is next Monday, and we're all busy preparing for it!

And yes, every one of us will probably have flesh filling out! LOL!

Wendi said...

Great teaser! I'm very curious about this book. It sounds really good.

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Jo-Jo said...

Smash: This book took quite a change in direction on me and I really wasn't liking where it was going. I am enjoying it again though.

Dar: I am looking forward to posting the review for this one because it really has had its ups and downs for me!

Betty: I would imagine that it would be the Chinese new year as this novel is mostly about Chinese tradition! I hope you have a great celebration!

Wendi: This teaser does make one wonder, doesn't it?

The Bumbles said...

I just heard about this book the other day - looking forward to your review and thanks for visiting as always!

Alyce said...

This is one of those books (and authors) that I've been wanting to read. I can't wait to see your review!

Jenny Girl said...

Yours is quite interesting too!
Looking forward to your review

Cheryl Pitt said...

That sounds really interesting I love how she used "flesh began to fill out" I've never heard of this book but it looks quite interesting.

Marie Cloutier said...

I have Peony in my TBR pile- now I want to go read it! :-)