Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Teaser Tuesday-Jan 6




Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading. TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!

My teaser is from The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman:

Will's psyche worked that way; just cover up the facts and everything would be fine. Overlook what's right in front of you, hope for the best, enjoy yourself, and don't waste a moment worrying about what's out there, lying in wait.

pg 132

9 comments:

Melissa said...

That sounds fascinating. I'll have to look it up. :)

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Oh, I love Alice Hoffman! I'll be looking for this one! :)

Eidin said...

It's been ages since I've read Alice Hoffman...she was a favorite.

Here's my teaser.

Anonymous said...

I know people like that! Great teaser!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of some clients I had! LOL!!

avisannschild said...

I've been meaning to read Alice Hoffman for a while. This one sounds good!

Irish said...

Sounds like a great read.

http://tickettoanywhere.blogspot.com/2009/01/tuesday-teasers-06-jan-09.html

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know some people like that too. Great teaser!

Darlene said...

I read this a few years ago and loved it. I can't wait to see what you think of it when you're done.