Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!




I hope you all are having a safe and Merry Christmas!  Things have gotten a little hectic for me as we ended up having to take my Grandma to the hospital last weekend and found out that she had a heart attack.  Just yesterday they put a pacemaker in and she appears to be recovering well from that surgery.  Unfortunately, the hospital where they did the procedure is an hour and a half away and since we are in the middle of a snow storm here, I haven't been able to spend as much time there as I would have liked.  But I am planning on spending the day with her tomorrow. 

After opening our gifts this morning I was surprised(not really) to have received four books for Christmas!  I received two books from the book blogging Christmas exchange, which I will post about later after I take a picture, and I also received Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet from my husband, and The Story of Edgar Sawtelle from my son.  Woohoo!  We decided this year not to exchange a lot of gifts among our family as we are planning a nice Cancun vacation in March and consider that a Christmas gift.  I might have to bring my new books on vacation with me!

I hope everyone is having a relaxing Christmas vacation, and if you don't hear from me very much over the next week, it is probably because I am traveling back and forth to the hospital.  With all of the events of this last week I haven't had much time for reading and the roads are still too cruddy for travel,I think I will just go and relax with a good book for the rest of the day.

20 comments:

Lezlie said...

Best wishes for you and your family! Have a Merry Christmas, Jo-Jo!

Lezlie

bermudaonion said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! You are so right to spend the time with your grandmother - we'll be here. Your trip to Cancun sounds like a wonderful Christmas present.

avisannschild said...

Merry Christmas, Jo-Jo! I hope your grandmother is well enough to go home soon.

Bonnie said...

Merry Christmas Jo-Jo! Hoping that you can spend a lot of time with your grandmother. Stay safe in the weather. My grandmother has been ill for a few months so I understand what you're going through. Enjoy your books and Cancun sounds wonderful!

Blodeuedd said...

Merry Christmas :)
Have a lovely holiday

For a book addict I can shockingly admit that I got no books at all!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! :)

Passages to the Past said...

Merry Christmas Jo-Jo! Enjoy your books!

The Lawver's said...

Oh No! Poor Grams...I'm so sorry that you are going through this now, but I am glad that she is ok and was able to have a surgery so quickly! Drive safe and try not to stress yourself out too much! Thinking of you!!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Sounds like a nice Christmas - books are such wonderful gifts. I hope your Grandma feels better soon.

Esme said...

Jo-Jo-I hope that you get to visit your grandmother tomorrow.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Sounds like a lovely holiday JoJo

Luanne said...

I hope your Grandma is okay Jo-Jo. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Ti said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother but I'm glad that they were able to fix her up with a pacemaker. She's probably as good as new now!

My husband and I did not exchange gifts this year either but folks did manage to give me some book gifts too so I will post about those tomorrow.

Anna said...

Wishing your gram a speedy recovery. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and you must be excited about your upcoming vacation.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

ANovelMenagerie said...

Enjoy your holidays, Jo-Jo!

kristinemarie7 said...

Merry Christmas! I hope your grandma recovers quickly and your trip to Cancun sounds wonderful! :)

Darlene said...

I hope you had a good Christmas Jo-Jo and the best to you in the New Year. I hope your grandmother is doing well.

Serena said...

Sounds like you had a bookish holiday in spite of the hospital time! I hope grandma is feeling better and you have a great time in Cancun! I'm jealous! Happy reading.

Jem said...

Merry (late) Christmas to you to Jo-Jo. Happy New Year! All the best for 2010.

Anonymous said...

Not sure why it is taking me so long to get through my Reader. Hope your granmother is doing well. Have a great New Years!