Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday-Nov. 6

Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading. TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

This week my teaser is from Peace Like a River by Leif Enger:
Swede and I had been used to oratory; our former pastor could exhort like everything and owned what Dad said must be a special edition of the Holy Bible, for it contained things omitted from our own-references to card-playing, for example, and rock and roll, and the Russian people.  Our former minister had so much energy that simply pastoring wasn't enough; he also wrote regular editorials for the paper in the county seat of Montrose, which riled up readers and made him a star.

pg. 27

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the teaser...I see you have American Dervish on your shelf.

I have it too....hope it is good.

My teaser is from THE GIRL ON THE CLIFF by Lucinda Riley.

My teaser is below:

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesday-1162012.html

Vicki said...

I've been wanting to read this book! Hopefully I'll get to it soon.