Monday, December 17, 2012

What Are You Reading?

Sheila over at Book Journey hosts this meme that gives you the opportunity to share the books that you have been losing yourself in lately and also the ones that you are looking forward to picking up next.

I finished on my Kindle:
Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg Gilmore was our last book club selection and I absolutely loved this book!  Most of the ladies in my group loved it as much as I did.  Hopefully I will have my review posted soon for this one.


I'm currently listening to:
I started listening to In Sunlight and In Shadow by Mark Helprin because my last boss told me Helprin is an amazing writer.  This is a long audio book, actually the longest one I have listened to so far.  I have picked up on some very beautiful writing, but as an audiobook I have to say that it does bore me at times.

What's next:
Our Christmas book club selection is The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson.  I've listened to a few of his audiobooks that I have enjoyed, but this will be the first book I have actually "read".  I have to say that I don't have high expectations for this one.

So what is keeping you busy one week before Christmas?

3 comments:

BurtonReview said...

ODD commenter above, lmao.. I forgot what I was going to say after reading that one.
Hope you manage to get thru Falvey's, I haven't read any of hers.
Enjoy your week =)

Tanya Patrice said...

I do hope you enjoy the James Patterson book despite your not having high expectations :-)

The Brunette Librarian said...

Looking for Salvation looks like a great read :) I've looked at it a couple of times on the shelf at the library but never have brought it home. Hope you like it!
Whatcha readin' this week @ the Brunette Librarian :)