Monday, February 9, 2009

Teaser Tuesday-Feb. 10


Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading. TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!

My teaser is from The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne:

'Did you do something bad in work? I know that everyone says you're an important man and that the Fury has big things in mind for you, but he'd hardly send you to a place like this if you hadn't done something that he wanted to punish you for.'

pg. 50

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your teaser, Jo-Jo! It made me laugh!

"...he'd hardly send you to a place like this if you hadn't done something that he wanted to punish you for"! LOL!

Wendi said...

Oh - I'd love to hear what you think of this book. I want to read this one and need to get a copy!

Here's my Teaser! I'm also giving away 15 galley copies of this book via the publisher, so stop by and see if you want to enter! :) ~ Wendi

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I've been wanting to read this one!

Anonymous said...

Good teaser, it makes you wonder just where on Earth he is...

Anonymous said...

Very good teaser. I want to know more.

Alyce said...

This is one of those books that I've wanted to read. Great teaser!

Nise' said...

Got this one on my ever growing TBR pile!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Good one. I've read so many good reviews for this book.

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie, so I finally figured out the reference. It took me awhile, though!

The Bumbles said...

Isn't this a sad book? Holocaust related perhaps? I'm trying to decide what to read next - how do you like this one so far?

Jo-Jo said...

This was a great book everyone and I would suggest just picking it up if you have it--it was a very quick read! I will be posting a review on this one in the next day or so, but I will tell you now that I loved it!

avisannschild said...

This sounds intriguing. I've heard negative things about the movie version but it sounds like the book is better.