Monday, February 16, 2009

Teaser Tuesday-Feb. 17



Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading. TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:



Grab your current read.Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!

My teaser is from This Side of Heaven by Karen Kingsbury:

That's how Annie felt now, like the mother bear ready to tear into any attorney who would put her son through the rigors of demeaning questions, hearing after hearing after hearing. She thought about going to see Josh now, so she could hold him and will away his suffering.

pg. 91

13 comments:

Beth F said...

Sounds like a good mother.

Anonymous said...

Good teaser, makes me wonder what happened to cause the son so much suffering...

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Yes, good teaser, makes me want to know more.

Erika Powell said...

very good teaser, sounds really interesting

Shelly B said...

Sounds like a good one!

Alyce said...

This sounds like such a sad scene for the mother.

Anonymous said...

Good teaser - I'm definitely curious to know what happens.

Darlene said...

Good teaser Jo-Jo. I'm curious as to what's going on now.

Anonymous said...

You picked a good quote. We all want to know more.

The Bumbles said...

I'm wondering how old this Josh is - because you never can tell when a mother is talking about their child - they are always small children to protect regardless of their age.

happyichigo♥ said...

Nice one!
mother is always kind to their children..they will protect what ever may happens!!

Wendi said...

Now that I'm a mother, I really can appreciate that comment! My son is only 2, but I would do anything for him.

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Jo-Jo said...

That's right--Don't mess with our babies! I stayed up late to finish this book last night and really enjoyed it. I will be posting my review in a couple of days.