Monday, February 2, 2009

Teaser Tuesday-Feb. 3



Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading. TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:


Grab your current read.Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!

Since I am still reading The Triumph of Deborah by Eva Etzioni-Halevy, my teaser is from that book again:

"You have finished your work for the day, yet you have not changed your apparel. And your hair looks wild and untidy."

pg. 168

13 comments:

The Bumbles said...

Well geez - that person should give the poor character a break - how is one's hair supposed to work after toiling all day? How about - thanks for all your hard work :0)

avisannschild said...

Oh dear, I tend to agree with The Bumbles on this one! (This also makes me feel like I should go and "change my apparel," since I'm still in my pyjamas!)

TexasRed said...

Ohhh... I like "wild and untidy!"

Wanda said...

According to the title, Deborah does triumph in the end though, right?

zetor said...

That could be describing me at this moment, I need to change from work clothes and tidy my hair.

Anonymous said...

How bold! Great teaser!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Makes me wonder who was making the observation!

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Well, it appears the person speaking is very formal! Good teaser!

jlshall said...

Well, my hair always looks wild and untidy, whether or not I've finished my work for the day. So I'd probably fit right into this story! Good teasers.

Wendi said...

Oh - I just picked up this book today and am only in a few pages, but I love it so far! My teaser is also from this book. ;)

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Jenny Girl said...

What's wrong with wild and untidy?
Great teaser.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, that could be me looking in the mirror at the end of the day :)

Enjoy the rest of the book!

Jo-Jo said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone---if only wild and untidy were the style back then...she would have had it made, she definitely would fit in today with that hairstyle. I am really enjoying this book!