Thursday, November 20, 2008

I've Been Tagged for Wyn's Sunday Meme

Jessica from Living Between the Pages tagged me for Wyn’s Sunday Meme. Make sure you check out both blogs. Thank you Jessica for being the first one to tag me!

The meme:
1. What book is on the left hand side of your computer or closest to the left hand side?
2. Are you reviewing it, is it your favourite, or is it there for some other reason and specify.
3. Go to page 38 and write down from the 2nd paragraph, the first 4 sentences.
4. Tag 4 friends and pass them this avatar.

The closest book to the left of my computer at home is Gardens of Water by Alan Drew. It is there because my bookshelf is to the left of my computer and it just happens to be the last book that I put on my shelf because it was just returned to me from friends that had borrowed it. I read this book about a year ago when my entire book club won Advanced Reader's Copies from Random House. This is one of my favorite books and one of the few books that was overwhelmingly enjoyed by almost everyone within my book group. This book deals with many different themes including, first love, family obligations, and differences in cultures and religions. Two very different families are thrown together to deal with their differences after living through a natural disaster. You can see a complete synopsis of Gardens of Water here.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would not hesitate to suggest it to someone for a leisurely read or for a book club discussion.


pg 38

He came to finally and found himself wrapped around the twisted mess of wrought iron. His shirt had caught on the metal, and it was pulled up over his head so that when he opened his eyes he faced the darkness of the material. For a moment he thought he was dead, then the pain at his temple shocked him into consciousness. His legs dangled over the edge of the rooftop.


Now to tag 4 fellow bloggers:

Julie at Julie's Jewels
Bonnie at Redlady's Reading Room
Lisa at Books and Cooks
Betty at Betty's Books

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me, Jo-Jo! I had such fun with it! =)

Here it is: http://bettysbooks.blogspot.com/2008/11/book-on-your-left-meme.html

Bonnie said...

Jo-Jo, Congrats!!! You've won the giveaway for Testimony by Anita Shreve at Redlady's Reading Room
! I've sent you an email as well as I need your mailing address.

I'll check out the tag soon and write a post!

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Jo-Jo - Thanks for tagging me with this meme. Mine's up now!

www.southerngal-lisa.blogspot.com