Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Salon



We definitely had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend together here. My son came home from college last Wednesday evening and just left this morning. And my fater-in-law came for a visit from South Dakota on Thursday and he just left this morning also.

Thursday I must admit that I made the best turkey that I have ever made in my life! I brined the turkey, which I have never done before, and the flavor and moistness was like none I have had before. I will definitely be brining a turkey in the future and would recommend it highly!

After stuffing ourselves with turkey, sweet potatoes, and pie, I ventured out with my kids on Thursday night to Wal-Mart and we bought a wii. Boy is that a fun game and it sure is a workout! So I told my daughter that when we have a disagreement we can take our frustrations out through the wii game!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving I am thankful for so many things including:

My family

My church

My home

My job, which so many are without

My bookclub friends

My blog and new blogging friends!

I am also thankful for winning a copy of Testimony from Redlady's Reading Room.

Well I am off to get some laundry done so I am ready for the week ahead. Try to get a little bit more reading in today, even though all my favorite shows are on tonight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Our son was home from school too. The weather and traffic were so bad today it took him 6 hours to drive what normally takes 4 hours, but he's back safe and sound.

Lezlie said...

We're all thankful you started blogging! :-) Have a great week, Jo-Jo!

Lezlie

Anonymous said...

I'm letting you know that you have won a copy of The Hummingbird's Daughter by Luis Alberto Urrea in my books giveaway. E-mail me your mailing address and I'll send the book out to you. Congratulations, and thank you for participating.

mattviews at yahoo dot com

Jo-Jo said...

Bermudaonion: I hate it when they have to drive back in that nasty weather...it feels like you can't breath until they call you and tell you they made it safely!

Thanks Lezlie...everyone has been so welcoming...I have been made aware of some books that I surely would not have heard of before my blogging days!

And Matt: Woohoo! This win is one that I have not heard of...but I looked up the book and thought it sounded interesting! Thanks so much!

Paula said...

You're turkey sounds wonderful. Ours was really good this year to and I'm really disappointed that we don't have much for left-overs. I just might cook another one here soon!
Happy Reading!