Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Salon





Well it has certainly been a busy weekend for us here in Northern Wisconsin. And boy has it been cold! It has been lightly snowing off and on all day, which I don't mind if I am in a nice warm house all day!


I actually started my weekend on Thursday night, when I went out for Mexican with some friends and family. We originally planned it for Friday night, but then realized that wouldn't work so we had to move it up. Boy did we have a good time with our margaritas, salsa and chips!


My daughter is a senior in high school this year, and she is in the drama club that is performing 'It's a Wonderful Life' this weekend. So we went to see the play on Friday night, which was their first performance. My daughter thought the play was horrible that night, because they had a few kinks to work out, but I think those little mistakes make it even that more endearing. We had a great time and hats off to the young man that played the role of Old Man Potter...he was just a hoot!


Saturday I spent the afternoon with some friends of mine at a baby shower. The baby was also there so that was a special afternoon. She is just a couple of weeks old but you really do forget how tiny those precious ones are when they are born!

This afternoon I have just been trying to get caught up on some paperwork. How it multiplies I will never understand. One piece of information that excited me this weekend is that I found out that The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne has been made into a movie. I received that book as a Christmas present last year, so now I will definitely have to read it soon!

Well I am off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday with a book in my recliner, before I have to start a busy week all over again.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Sounds like a good weekend Jo-Jo. I love It's a Wonderful Life. It is my all time favorite Christmas movie-I bet the play was great! I'm just about to settle in and do some reading myself.

Toni said...

It's a Wonderful Life... what a great play. This is my kind of a family weekend.

Jo-Jo said...

Toni and Dar:
It was a good play. My husband said that we wouldn't have to watch the movie this year since we saw the play...and I said forget it! I have to watch that movie every year no matter what...lol.
Kind of like watching The Christmas Story with that ugly leg lamp! It's tradition....

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a play version of It's a Wonderful Life. I love watching the movie!

Tag!