Thursday, March 11, 2010

Book Club Chatter

Welcome to another week of Book Club Chatter where I hope to discuss all things book club on a weekly basis. I thought this would  be a fun way for each of us to share one little tidbit every week.




So here is my question for you this week:
Does your group use prepared discussion questions to discuss the books you read?  If not, how do you go about talking about the different aspects of the book?


My Answer:
Our group does use discussion questions, but we certainly do not limit ourselves to those.  We usually find the questions in the book, author websites, publisher websites, or at the Reading Group Guides website.  I have found that with our group it helps to get conversations started and keep us focused on discussing the book.


There is not a deadline as to when you need to post or answer this question, so please feel free to join in at your convenience. You can either leave your answer in the comments below or post your answer on your blog and leave the link below.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

We use the prepared questions if we run out of questions of our own.

Ti said...

We usually have a reading guide on hand but we usually don't have to use it. We have so many people in our group that there is always someone with a question.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I have referred to readers guides when available - they sometime shave good questions (sometimes not). In the past I have developed the questions for our reviews but this year I am trying to get each of our member to bring a question for discussion.

Still working that out yet. Maybe I could ask them to submit it early.