Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Teaser Tuesday-May 25

Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading.  TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

This week my teaser is from The Age of Orphans by Laleh Khadivi:
She raises her face to look at him and it is clenched, like the stone, every moment of time that she has spent sitting at this meager fire like her mother before her and all the Kurd mothers before them stuck in the doomed visage.  With her dirty hair and dirty feet and dirty hands, she is seen by Reza as the shah must see her:  a being just above the line of animal.

pg. 130

9 comments:

Lacey said...

This sounds like a great book!!!! I love reading story's from other cultures especially the middle east. Thanks for the tease!!!!

Margot said...

Such a sad teaser today. The words are so very descriptive that I can see the person and the setting.

Jan von Harz said...

Great teaser. Has me wondering what will happen when she is cleaned up

E.J. Stevens said...

These word paint such a vivid picture. Great teaser!

My teaser is here.


Happy reading. :)

xx,
E.J.

Audrey said...

Not my usual read, but the teaser is good!
HERE is my teaser for this week!

Alayne said...

Ooh fabulous teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Such a great teaser Jo JO!

Lisa said...

OOOOOO, I like that one! I have never heard of that book, but it sounds totally up my alley.
Here's mine!
http://bookblabbing.blogspot.com/2010/05/teaser-tuesday-and-review-of-help.html

gautami tripathy said...

I have to pick this up!

Teaser Tuesdays: The Cold Room by J T Ellison