Saturday, November 28, 2009

Challenge Update: Chunkster Failure!


Yes, I am admitting to all of the world that I have failed this challenge.  Oh well...life does go on.  I signed up to read only two chunksters this year and only read one.  Out of all of the challenges I signed up for I thought this would be one of the easier ones, since it was only two books.  So much for that philosphy!

The one chunkster that I read and really enjoyed was The Kingmaking by Helen Hollick.

Now the only question is:  Will  I be a glutton for punishment and sign up for this challenge again next year?  Time will tell!

6 comments:

robert d said...

Jo-Jo,

I am being a bit lazy but what is a Chunkster? I am suspecting it is a long read?

1. Number of pages that qualifies a book as a Chunkster?

2. What Chunkster didn't you read and why?

3. How long did it take you to read the one you did peruse?

4. Do you ever time your reads?

Life is Good,

d

Lezlie said...

Yeah. You'll do it again. :-) One is better than none, right?

Lezlie

bermudaonion said...

Hey, at least you gave it a shot!

Jo-Jo said...

Robert: For this challenge, a chunkster is considered a book that contains over 450 pages. There really wasn't a specific one that I didn't read, because I do have several of these on my shelf. The one I did read took me a couple of weeks to get through it and I don't usually time my reads...too much goes on with work and life in general for me to start doing that.

Lezlie: Yes, I probably will! lol

Kathy: As long as the challenge police don't come and lock me up all is good!

Jenny Girl said...

At least you read one and that is something. All you can do is try :)

Serena said...

Half of success is that you even tried. I didn't even bother trying this one.