Monday, November 23, 2009

Mailbox Monday-Nov. 23


Thanks to Marcia of The Printed Page for hosting this fun meme that has us list the books that we received last week. You can go to her blog to see what everyone else got last week or to play along. Here is what I found in my mailbox:


Life After Genius  by M. Ann Jacoby



The Bible Salesman  by Clyde Edgerton



The Bell Jar  by Sylvia Plath

The Bell Jar I received as a review copy and if you haven't had a chance to read this one yet, you may want to stop by next week to enter the contest that I will be holding for this book.

So what was in your mailbox last week?

12 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm really curious about The Bell Jar, so I can't wait to see what you think.

Blodeuedd said...

Looking good and I do love those kittens :D

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

I read the Bell Jar when it first came out, yes I'm that old. I think it would be worth reading again. I can't wait to hear your review of The Bible Salesman. It look good. Happy Thanksgiving.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Nice list. I read The Bell Jar while in college (eons ago). Have to say I couldn't relate to it. Maybe a re-read is in order.

Passages to the Past said...

I've always wanted to read Sylvia Plath and will definitely be back for the contest!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Loved The Bell Jar and hope to read The Bible Salesman soon --enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I read The Bell Jar so long ago, I really should re-read it!

The Bumbles said...

I just read The Bell Jar for the first time earlier this year. I was shocked at how much humor there was in it for such a serious topic. It left quite a mark on me.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

The Bible Salesman looks interesting. Love the kitty on the cover. Happy reading!

Serena said...

Surprisingly in all the times I've read The Bell Jar, I've never owned a copy.

Great list of books, happy reading.

Anonymous said...

I read The Bell Jar in the last year and really liked it. Look forward to seeing what you think.

Jenny Girl said...

I'm glad I'm not the only that has never read the Bell Jar. Hope you enjoy it.