Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Teaser Tuesday-Nov. 17


Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading. TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

This week my teaser is from Guernica by Dave Boling:
"Priests live comfortably; they're respected in town," Justo continued.  "Besides, you've got no hope with women anyway."

pg. 22

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Very nice teaser.

Jenny Girl said...

The priests in my parish growing up always lived comfortably :)
Good one.
Here's my teaser

Harvee said...

Should he listen? Here's My tease.

gautami tripathy said...

Hmm. Intersting!

Teaser Tuesdays: The Imposter's Daughter by Laurie Sandell

Marce said...

I had to giggle at that one.

Here is mine
http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/11/teaser-tuesday-weight-of-silence.html

TexasRed said...

Maybe not the primary reason to join up!

Here's my teaser: TexasRed Books

Alayne said...

Very good teaser. Here's my link: http://thecrowdedleaf.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/teaser-tuesday-double-or-nothin/

Jennifer said...

Witty teaser! My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/11/joy-teaser-tuesdays.html

Unknown said...

What an interesting teaser. I'm not familiar with this book but I am intrigued!

I hope you're enjoying it!

~ Amy

Anonymous said...

Hehe, great teaser :)

Here's my Teaser.

Darlene said...

Interesting teaser. How do you like the book? I've thought about reading it a few times.

Margot said...

Is he trying to talk him into become a priest or out of going for the women? Interesting and fun teaser.

Allison Vaughn said...

Is he calling the priest ugly or unfortunate? LOL. Great teaser!

Allison
- My Teaser

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

That one made me chuckle! I haven't heard of this one - hope you're enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

It's like a job posting for priests.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Love that teaser. I need to check out that title a bit more now...LOL Enjoy