Monday, September 20, 2010

Mailbox Monday-September 20

Thanks to Marcia of The Printed Page for starting the Mailbox Monday Meme that has us list the books that we received last week. Although Marcia isn't going to be hosting Mailbox Monday any longer, she set it up so different bloggers have the opportunity to host this meme for a month at a time. This month the host is Bermudaonion and you can go to her blog to see what everyone else got last week or to play along.

As you can see my home contains Packer fans so I have appropriately changed my mailbox this week to reflect that!  Here is what I received last week:
Rescue by Anita Shreve

Red Hook Road  by Ayelet Waldman

Just a couple of books this last week but that is plenty to keep me busy!  So what was in your mailbox?

18 comments:

Tara said...

I have most of Anita Shreve's books, but I haven't read that one yet...The cover for Red Hook Road is pretty too!

In My Mailbox

Kate Scott said...

Looks like you got a couple of good books! Enjoy!

Alayne said...

Red Hook Road looks good. I also have a Shreve book but haven't read it yet. :) My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

LOL, I'm a Packers fan too! Red Hook Road is on my shelf - just need to find the time to work it into the schedule. Enjoy!

Alyce said...

Enjoy your books!

bermudaonion said...

Red Hook Road is really good and I bet Rescue is as well. Enjoy!

Cathy said...

I've read and enjoyed two of Shreve's books. Happy reading!

avisannschild said...

I'm not sure I want to read Anita Shreve anymore: she used to be one of my favourite authors, but I disliked her last two books quite a bit. Anyway, enjoy your book!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

A new Anita Shreve book? I'll have to check that out. Everything has turned green and gold in Wisconsin. It's Packer season!

Mystica said...

Both books have got such good reviews all over that I am sure you will enjoy them.

DCMetroreader said...

I have Red Hook Road too -- hope to get to it (someday LOL).

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

JO Jo.... I was stopping by to see if I remembered right that you were a Wisconsin blogger.

Uhhh.... seen the Packer mailbox and thought, yup... I am in the right place. :) We are planning a Wisconsin Minnesota book blogger meet up in October. I posted about it and was curious if it was something you were interested in.

Veens said...

I want to read Anita Shreve someday!

I hope yo have good week ahead.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Red Hook Road has the most gorgeous cover. It's on my wish list! Enjoy!!

Julie P said...

Both of these books are from great authors. Happy reading!

Lisa said...

Beautiful, beautiful... both of those books are georgous!

Enjoy!

Anna said...

I'm waiting on the new Anita Shreve, not very patiently though. ;)

Passages to the Past said...

Great covers to your books this week! I hope you enjoy them!

HERE is my Mailbox Monday.