Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Teaser Tuesday-Oct. 12

Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading.  TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

This week my teaser is from The Auschwitz Violin by Maria Angels Anglada:
He was hungry again and noticed that the officer had dropped a piece of apple that had rolled toward him.  Using a piece of cloth, Daniel pulled it closer without making a sound and ate it hungrily.

pg. 37

***Please note that this is from an Advanced Reading Copy so the final printing may change.

6 comments:

Book Bird Dog said...

Books about this topic are always sad and heartbreaking. Sounds like a good book!

jlshall said...

Wow, that's a very powerful teaser! The book might be a little too intense for me, but it sounds like a fine read.

Here’s my teaser from Book of Shadows.

Alyce said...

That sounds very sad.

Lisa_sps said...

The book should be good but at the same time sad ! If you like fiction books from the secon World War here are some:
The Diary of Anne Frank ( duh)
The book thief (one of my favorites)
Annexed (I recive this from NetGalley )
Sophie's choice (really touching)
And a few from Richard Zimmler

I love yout TT , Here is mine ( http://lisafragments.blogspot.com )

Unknown said...

Such a poignant, troubling teaser. But he's very resourceful.

I'm looking forward to your review of this book!

~ Amy

Marce said...

Jo Jo great choice in teaser, I want more, guess I should read your review when up and add it to my Wishlist. ;-)

My TT is from a horror.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-horror-relic-by-douglas.html#comments