Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesday-Oct. 19

Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading.  TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

This week my teaser is from The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent:
She stood close by, looking at our white and shuddering forms, pinched from the cold and the late hour.  I could see she was afraid, for in taking us into her house, she could well be bringing the means of destruction to her own family.

pg. 30

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What an interesting, intense teaser! I hope you review this book. I have it in my tbr pile to read and hope to before much longer. This teaser reminds me of what a good book it is supposed to be!

~ Amy
Amy's Teaser

Lisa_sps said...

Great Teaser! Is the book historical fiction?
If you want you can check mine ( http://lisafragments.blogspot.com )

jlshall said...

Excellent teaser! I've had this one on my to-read shelf for quite a while now. Still hoping to get to it this year.

Here’s my teaser from The Killings at Badger’s Drift.

Julie P said...

I bought this book not too long ago--looking forward to your review...