Tuesday, January 29, 2013

2012 Audiobook Challenge Wrap Up

I know this is a little late in posting, but I figured...why not?  Theresa's Reading Corner hosted the 2012 Audio Book Challenge last year and this happens to be one of the challenges where I exceeded my expectations.

I signed up for this challenge at the Going Steady level, which was to listen to 12 audiobooks.  They are all listed below and you should be able to click on the title if you missed my review.

1.  The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings--Completed 1/26/12
2.  Burnt Mountain by Anne Rivers Siddons--Completed 2/11/12
3.  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins--Completed 3/8/12
4.  Come a Little Closer by Dorothy Garlock--Completed 4/2/12
5.  The House I Loved by Tatiana de Rosnay--Completed 4/17/12
6.  Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins--Completed 5/11/12
7.  Come Home by Lisa Scottoline--Completed 5/24/12
8.  Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel--Completed 7/6/12
9.  More Than You Know by Penny Vincenzi--Completed 8/18/12
10.The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory--Completed 9/11/12
11.Surviving Hitler by Andrea Warren--Completed 9/13/12
12.Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire--Completed 9/26/12
13.Deliver Us From Evil by David Baldacci--Completed 10/13/12
14.Love Anthony by Lisa Genova--Completed 10/19/12
15.Summer Island by Kristin Hannah--Completed 10/26/12
16.Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins--Completed 11/12/12
17.Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe--Completed 11/27/12

My favorite audiobooks were:
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Love Anthony
Stories I Only Tell My Friends

As much as I love listening to audiobooks and plan to continue listening for 2013, I have decided to not join this challenge for 2013.  I'm only signing up for the Goodreads Challenge this year, and that is mainly to keep a running list of the books I read during the year.   I just have so many things taking time up in my life that I have to start streamlining some things.

So did you listen to any of these audios?  What happened to be your favorite audiobook this year?

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Great Job! I'm glad you did so well. I'm sorry that you won't be joining again this year, but I completely understand. Good Luck!

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

You did great! I am continuing with the challenge because I did so well last year. You have some great favorites. I too loved the Rob Lowe audio.