Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wondrous Words Wednesday-Jan. 2

Bermudaonion asks you to share new words that you have learned during your reading adventures in the last week. Feel free to join in the fun!

Here is a new word I learned while reading The Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian:

Bonhomie:  
frank and simple good-heartedness; a good-natured manner.

Here is how bonhomie was used on page 19:
Instead she sees soldiers only in moments like these, when with good-natured bonhomie they descend like tourists for their coffee or beer or-here-the aniseed-flavored arak.

Well Happy New Year everyone!  Life has been so busy for me this last year that I just noticed I didn't post a Wondrous Words since October!  Did you learn any new words this last week?

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm going to try to remember that by thinking about bon = good. Thanks for playing along!

Sim Carter said...

Bonhomie has a lovely sound to it. I can't imagine working it into a conversation but it reads well. I need to check out that book - I keep hearing about it!